Our dentists at Bird Family Dentistry can provide a dental bridge in the event of lost permanent teeth to protect your oral health by filling the gap. This is a replacement tooth or teeth fused between two dental crowns that use your remaining teeth or dental implants as anchors. Below we provide a review of the advantages of dental bridges and how they can improve your smile when properly cared for.
These functions of dental bridges can greatly benefit your oral health:
– Restores the look and function of your teeth to their original state
– Preventing sagging by supporting the facial structure
– Helps the teeth perform clear speech and effective chewing
– Redistributes the force of the bite evenly to prevent wear on the teeth as well as jaw issues
– Covers the gap so that the remaining teeth will not drift and change the alignment
With proper care, dental bridges can last ten years or more due to excellent durability. We encourage you to maintain effective daily oral hygiene habits such as brushing and flossing your teeth on a daily basis and visiting the dentist every six months for dental checkups. This helps to prevent tooth decay and gum disease from affecting the teeth that support your dental bridge.
Contact Bird Family Dentistry at 253-475-8934 today to speak with our dentists, Drs. Albert and Zachary Bird, about whether you should receive a dental bridge in Tacoma, Washington.